Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wrestling with Molly

My youngest daughter still likes to wrestle. I'm grateful because my six and nine year olds, Claire and Patrick are losing interest. Molly is just that rough and tumble type that loves physical contact, pushing, shoving and hitting. She is a beauty who will bat her eyes while getting ready to knock your lights out.

Keep in mind that she is every bit of a four year old, but with an increasing and expanding vocabulary. Kathleen is a stay at home mom who is very sensitive to what our children learn, watch and say. I know if there is any corruption of rules or etiquette, it either comes from me, church or her twice per week day care.

On one occasion where we wrestled, I pretended to be hurt. She likes to fool me with the "Dad, I have to go ask mom something", distraction. While I am "not paying attention", she attacks me from behind and really lets me have it. She proceeded to stomp me screaming, "I have mad skills", at the top of her lungs.

Patrick and Claire just stood by cheering.

No comments: